Trying To Maintain Rationality

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pajamas Media Asplode

From the BBC:

The head of Israel's domestic security agency, Shin Bet, has said his country may come to regret the overthrow of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Yuval Diskin said a strong dictatorship would be preferable to the present "chaos" in Iraq, in a speech to teenage Jewish settlers in the West Bank.



LGF, Malkin, et al. must be going cuckoo trying to figure out who they stand *with* now. Buuuuut... that's the price you eventually pay... when you stand *for* nothing.

2 Comments:

  • You have inveresed the case. One need not stand with anyone when one stands for something. I, for example, don't care what Shin Bet, Don Rumsfield, or Hillary Clinton have to say about Iraq. I have my own reason for supporting the war, and any weaknesses or logical switcheroos on the part of above parties has no effect on the rightness of my original position.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:57:00 PM  

  • "You have inveresed the case. One need not stand with anyone when one stands for something."

    I'm confused... how did I "inverse" anything? I never asserted that one need stand with anyone to stand for something; In fact, I was teasing them for standing for nothing.

    Are you asserting that LGF, et al. do, in fact, stand for something? Just curious, because I can't keep track of all the different ex post facto reasons that those guys use for defending the adventure in Iraq. This is about the integrity of those that I mentioned, and how they keep having to justify new means in order to achieve an end.

    As far as your views go -- I have no issue with an unchanging *position* for going to war. I likely won't agree with the *reasoning*... but at least that position would have logical consistency.

    By Blogger EconAtheist, at Friday, February 10, 2006 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home