Trying To Maintain Rationality

Friday, December 23, 2005

I've Been Tagged - Arrr, Mateys

Some evil 'net critter decided that a game of web tag would be entertaining!

Ok - count me in.

Like Desi, The Angel of Blogging that tagged me, I'm going to copy what the last people did so I don't have to try to be clever and come up with 7 new... er... heading thingies.

On to the substance:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Help destroy corporations' illegitimately obtained 'personhood' and put them back in their place as subordinates to human beings
2. Swim with dolphins
3. Figure out women
4. See a Populist like Bernie Sanders get elected President of the United States
5. Give standup comedy a whirl... while simultaneously attending law school
6. Raise a baby squirrel and turn it into a housepet
7. Become Ghandi-like (but w/o the whole assassination ending, eh)

Seven Things I Cannot Do

1. Yell at my sister when she watches FOX News
2. Remember all those great jokes that'd come in handy during a standup routine
3. Remove my contact lenses with my tongue
4. Polka
5. Back down from any challenge that threatens my manhood
6. Eat broccoli/cauliflower
7. Hold the same job for more than 3 years

Seven Things That Attract Me To... Blogging

1. The chicks
2. Typing is kinda spiffy
3. One day, I shall write something ~kewl~ enough such that CNN's Abbi Tatton refers to my post on the air
4. My inherent inability to STFU
5. It's not controlled by some jackass editor or sponsor, so I can be icky and mean
6. Makes for a nice diversion when I'm supposed to be working
7. No need to be as poignant, rational, or coherent as I'd have to be in a legal brief

Seven Things I Say Most Often

1. "Fuck"
2. "Hmm."
3. "Meh."
4. "WTF?"
5. "Yep."
6. "*shrug*"
7. "Um."

Seven Books That I Love

1. Cosmos, by Carl Sagan.. actually anything by Carl Sagan
2. Confessions Of An Economic Hitman, by John Perkins
3. Defying Corporations, Defining Democracy: A Book of History and Strategy, edited by Dean Ritz
4. How To Lie With Statistics, by Darrell Huff (with classic illustrations by Irving Geis)
5. Anything written by Dr. Oliver Sacks
6. The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom
7. Without Feathers, by Woody Allen

Seven Movies That I Watch Over And Over Again

1. Spies Like Us
2. The Shawshank Redemption
3. Invincible
4. Team America: World Police
5. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
6. The Princess Bride
7. Heat

Seven People That I Want To Join In Too

1. Leftist Grandpa
2. Serratia
3. John at CrooksandLiars
4. SarUH ...lol
5. George W. Bush
6. Cripes. I honestly can't think of anyone else with a blog. *=(*
7. meh

... ok then =)

3 Comments:

  • John at C&L? heh heh Remember *I* didn't start this. Blame Atrios. Yeah, that'll work. :)

    I only meant that maybe I shouldn't have tagged my commenters as most of 'em are no where to be seen since I tagged 'em.

    By Blogger AB, at Friday, December 23, 2005 5:27:00 PM  

  • You need more dedicated commenters... people of the caliber of... like, say, myself.

    =) =P

    Ya know, after I emailed John, all I could think of was "yeah, like *he's* gonna do this." Clearly the man doesn't have the sort of free time that people like ourselves do.

    *=/* er

    By Blogger EconAtheist, at Friday, December 23, 2005 7:27:00 PM  

  • Thanks, pal.
    I put up a post on this.

    PS: I'll get around to it.

    By Blogger Grandpa Eddie, at Friday, December 30, 2005 4:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home