Trying To Maintain Rationality

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I Guess I Lost My Cool

I just couldn't take the intensely hypocritical Young Republican National Committee any longer. I had to email the kids (yes - they are kids... no offense) after seeing this recent news release.

I'm not going to take a page to reproduce the thing, so go read it first if you want to make more sense of my email to the YRNC:

I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs, am a former GOP voter, and am a 4-year-college degreed workforce professional.

I find the likes of young people like yourself to be sickeningly misrepresentative of everything that the Republican ideal used to stand for. I'm a staunch advocate of intellectually-honest economic theories and am intensely spiritual; you're politically-motivated followers that support a disrespectful, inefficient, resource-gobbling war and you're ethos-challenged quasi-Christians.

I'm patriotic because I feel love and pride for this country, and I express it by responsibly *using* the gifts granted me by this life, by the Constitution and its Amendments, and by our laws; you bastardize any "patriotic" claims by expressing some bizarre fixation, unquestionably supporting this *administration's policies* rather than honestly supporting this *nation* (which is a collection of people, ideas, social mores, and the like), instead wasting your talents on memorizing and reciting your myopic sociopolitical views.

I'm no "leftist" - I'm RIGHT HERE working to help physically and psychologically injured combat veterans whilst the VA stood tall in the wake of a pathetically under funded conflict; YOU LEFT your military comrades hanging to dry by continually supporting a policy which severely limits the post-conflict support for brave men and women of our armed forces.

Lastly, I'd ask "Do you people have any sense of decency, Sirs?"... However it's apparent that that your words (and lack of actions) indicate that you're neither currently capable of incorporating decency into your sheltered lives nor are you willing to make the effort to discover the true meaning of what you'd need to do in order to lead a life that accommodates decency as a virtue.

You're lucky that our troops haven't discovered how your rhetoric doesn't chime with your actions.

Michael Tuffli

p.s. notable spelling/grammar errors attributed to metaphorical and physical exhaustion

Meh. Feh. Pfft.

I know it was pretty snarky but it's late and I'm fed up with rampant ignorance and repulsive dishonesty. I'm sure it won't affect any young (R)s, if it even gets read/posted/ravaged, but at least I got to vent... and post it here (always for posterity, right?)...

4 Comments:

  • Nice place ya got here. I’m probably a little to the left of you, but I feel exactly the same about the threats of corporate America. The “myopic sociopolitical views” of those who would have us follow the Texas model for the rest of America could scare the hair off a gorilla.
    This is not the first time in our history the Plutocrats felt America only existed to enrich themselves. The Interstate Commerce Act, anti-trust laws, and the suppression of “pools” were necessary for the people to maintain any semblance of power. I’m not an economist but I know enough about the myth of “laissez-faire” to know it was never practiced by industrialists in America. Free land for the railroads and legislatures owned lock stock and barrel by corrupt politicians. Anyway the book sounds right up my alley I’ll have to check it out.
    I know your frustration; people just don’t get the magnitude of corporations more powerful than the government (the people)! It’s out of control and affects all aspects of our lives.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 10, 2005 5:56:00 PM  

  • Sorry missed my mark...down one floor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:00:00 PM  

  • Sorry missed my mark...down one floor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:00:00 PM  

  • Heh heh, no problem - I figured you were referring to the prior post... thanks for the kind words, tim z.

    Hmm... I think... maybe next I'll do a post about the 1886 Santa Clara SCOTUS decision... it really pisses me off so I may as well type the rage away. :|

    By Blogger EconAtheist, at Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home